Monday, 6 June 2011

Moth update?!





White Ermine and Common Wainscott




Elephant Hawkmoth and Coxcomb Prominent



Unusual, I know, but a welcome return to Moths on the blog! After seeing X bird in X location, I spent an evening at home with the folks in Suffolk and had some fun emptying the Moth Trap. I do not set the Moth trap at my home in Norwich for 2 reasons: Firstly, I did it once and got bugger all. Secondly, it does look rather odd in our terraced garden, and would probably cause the odd complaint/curtain twitching.




Our list for the evening:




Buff Ermine


White Ermine


Burnished Brass


Common Swift


Common Wainscott


Coxcomb Prominent


Elephant Hawkmoth


Flame Shoulder


Ghost Moth


Heart and Dart


Marbled Minor


Setaceous Hebrew Character


Silver Y


Treble Brown Spot


Treble Lines


Triple-Spotted Clay


Shuttle-Shaped Dart


Brown-eyed Bright-Line


Dusky Brocade


Marbled White Spot


Double Square Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment