Friday, 8 April 2011

Gropper on site!

An evening visit seemed the obvious thing to do after a day of above average temperatures for early April. Furthermore, my shoulder is not in as bad shape as I had feared; a mini-dislocation was all. Carrying the scope was no hassle! Along with the newly resident Chiffchaff and Willow Warblers, some new song amongst the reeds. 2 Sedge Warbler were belting out their scratchy tune for the first time this year, a welcome sound. Even better was a reeling Grasshopper Warbler near the ruins. Despite waiting patiently I only managed a glimpse, and by this time it was getting quite dark. Typical for this species, I find that they either give superb views, or barely show at all. A few bats were flitting about, difficult to put a species to them in the fading light.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jim,

    keep an ear open for a Savi's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primed and ready Tim, I'll pull summit out of the bag before long!

    ReplyDelete